VINOD GUPTAN, a Kenyan Citizen with qualifications of BSc. (Chemistry – Drugs & Dyes) & Business Stimulation from Apple Institute-USA together with various crash courses of MBA for Executives from IIM-Ahmedabad and is certified in Advance Management Program, Strategic Management Program & Quantitative Techniques from IIM. Also has accreditations of certifications from Air-Wing of National Cadet Corps having successfully completed courses of Para dropping, Parasailing, Shooting & Mountaineering and Protection of life and property certification from College of Civil Defense Academy, Mumbai.
He has been associated with KAPI since 2003 and has been actively involved in the KAPI activities having been in various positions of KAPI as a Member, Executive Committee Member, Hon. Treasurer of KAPI for 5 consecutive years & then was elected as the KAPI VICE-CHAIRMAN since 2014 and currently still holds that position.
Has been associated with the Anti Counterfeit Agency for over 14 years in trying to create awareness and curb the menace of counterfeit’s in the country & region.
Has been associated with Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF) for over 10 years and currently leads the Supply Chain Committee as its Chairman and is has been very actively involved in the Covid-19 response committee representing the private sector supply chain.
A strong believer in ethics, integrity and mentoring relationship’s, he is very passionate about the betterment of the industry & regulations to aid in provision of good quality, affordable healthcare to the patients.
He holds position of :
- Vice Chairman – Kenya Association of Pharmaceutical Industry (KAPI).
- Board Director – Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF)
- Chairman – Supply Chain Committee Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF)
- Jt. Chairman in the JCAC – (Jt. Committee for Awareness in Counterfeits).
- Board Member & Member of Finance Committee & Resource Mobilization Committee of The Kenya Red Cross Society (Nairobi County).
- Director – Health & Environment Committee – Hindu Council of Kenya (HCK)
- 2nd In Command – Disaster Management Committee (Kenya Red Cross Society).
- Past Director of Administration & Vice Chairman of Giants Group of Mustangs (Charity Organization).
He joins MedSource Group as the CEO and comes in with a vast experience of almost 30 years, having worked in various positions including as Director in different companies in the Pharmaceutical Industry and having handled markets of Middle & North East India, Latin America, South East Asia and Entire Africa.
He is involved in a lot of voluntary & charitable activities in his personal capacity as well as member of various associations and groups and has the wellbeing of the society and its members very close to his heart and takes personal interest in bringing smiles to the faces of the less fortunate members of our society. He strongly advocates his own slogan “BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE” and tries and brings about the changes for betterment of society and self. He is a go getter & believes in the Archimedes quote of “Give me a place to stand and I can move the earth”.
Hobbies: Social & Community Service, Reading Scientific Notes, Travelling.